Friday, January 1, 2010

My first small change of 2010


Month one, and I am back on my vegan diet (had a small relapse with a vegetable lasagne on Christmas). I am also vowing to cut down the time I spend in the shower and using less hot water. I bought a timer that I will set at 5 minutes per shower, and I will enjoy it warm, instead of my usual burn- the -skin piping hot temperature. I'm also hoping to get my girls to take showers and less baths. I know one of them like showers, the other child may need a little more encouragement. We already use a water saving shower head, and faucets, and our toilet is a newer model that uses less water, although it's not as cool as these.
Here's a link on saving water in the bathroom.

Happy New Year!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds great! I also enjoy piping hot showers and could probably make them shorter! I may have to make this one of my changes!
Thanks!
Suzy

Stacie said...

Five minutes is not a long time I must say. I washed my hair, soaped up, and rinsed with only 46 seconds to spare.

Stacie said...

I am happy to announce that both my girls took showers last night!

Kris said...

My showers haven't been more than 5 minutes since Ben was born LOL But just to be sure, I am going to time myself tomorrow! :) I have been teaching the little guy about conserving water. The other day he said to me "I don't need a lot of water in my bath, Mom....that's wasteful." LOL Cute!

Abbie said...

ohhh, this is a great small change. I agree with the comment above that with small children on the loose, your showers don't stretch very long. Shaving legs and that deep hair conditioner are definitely left by the way-side. Thanks for sharing...keep up the great work. We are halfway through the month!
Abbie