Monday, January 18, 2010

Feeling good!

Well, it's been 3 months more or less (minus my indulging during the holidays) since going vegan, and I feel great! It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, it's simply been a mindset change, so I guess I was ready. As long as I am eating healthy food- lots of fresh, organic fruits & veggies, whole grains, nuts & seeds I am getting everything I need. There were a couple of days where I was really tired, but it hasn't been the norm.  I just got my 5lb bucket of hemp seeds which I love. Let me just say though, that if I am not eating cheese, I am also not eating cheese substitute, or tofu cheese, it's gross. I don't care what anybody says, there is no substitute for cheese. Nutritional yeast has been great in place of parmesan cheese in my pasta, or pizza, but as far as a slice of something on a sandwich? No way! Feel free to disagree, I guess anybody could eventually get used to something in it's place, but personally, I'll stick with just the necessities. My husband thinks I am crazy to go without cheese, but it is an addiction. It's like the alcoholic that can't have a few beers, they need the 12-pack. If I got a block of Cracker Barrel cheese, in the past, it would be gone in two days!! Here's an article about how one can be addicted to cheese. So if I couldn't moderate my cheese intake, then I'd say I was addicted!  Case in point, when I indulged in cheese & crackers along with my Mom's yummy vegetable lasagne on Christmas Eve, the next day all I could think about was consuming more cheese! But I was able to recognize it, acknowledge it, refused to give in, and the craving eventually subsided....I'm so proud of me :) So as much as I enjoyed cheese, I don't think I should ever eat it again. Time will tell, I guess.

No comments: