Friday, January 15, 2010

Anticipating Change for February

Greenings!
So my showers are still short and sweet. I haven't shaved my legs lately lol, but when I do I'll just use the sink. Girls still like the shower in addition to the occasional bath so that they can play with their naked "Barbie Dolls". I have been thinking about my next change, and I would like to continue to reduce my plastic use. We have the shopping bags, buy in bulk as much as possible (wish we had a co-op close by), don't use bottled water etc., but the plastic that I haven't yet cut out is the veggie bags at the grocery store. So I may have to invest in some veggie bags like these , but would like to find a cheaper version. Anyone? Also, when I get cheese from the deli, I'll have them use butcher paper, or bring my own container. Definitely a small change, but because I buy so many fruits and veggies with my diet I think it will seriously decrease the plastic. This blog really got me thinking about how much plastic is used in packaging, even little things like a chip bag. I really like what Sun Chips are doing by using solar energy, and having compostable packaging.
Have a Green Day!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I just bought six ecosacs for 2.50 each at Stepping Stones- http://bags4you.com/shop/shop.html

Ashley England said...

Hello! I've been thinking about this a lot too. I’ve started to come across products made by a company called Nature’s Organics. They use Biodegradable and compostable plant based packaging or recycled PET packaging http://www.naturesorganics.com.au/haircare/organic-care/products/normal. I live in Australia, so I'm not really sure what's available around the world – but I love it as a way to reduce or ensure the re-use of plastic. The products themselves are also really good - which helps. ~Ashley

Unknown said...

Hi Stacie! Seems we have alot in common-so great! Curious if you can encapsulate a placenta that has been frozen ?

Stacie said...

Hi Persephone! Yes, you can encapsulate a frozen placenta as long as it's been frozen 6 months or less.