Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Veggie Burger

My hubby is a big fan of my homemade veggie burgers. Though I don't really measure when I make them, and I often use what ever I have on hand here's the basic recipe:
~ 1 cup of TVP (texturized vegetable protein) rehydrated
~ chopped onion
~ chopped pepper
~ chopped carrots
~ chopped mushrooms
~ chopped pecans or walnuts (about a handful)
~ 1/2 cup hemp hearts
~ 1 egg
~ 3/4 cup bread crumbs
~ mozzerella (about a handful)
~ black pepper, garlic salt, and turmeric

Mix all ingredients, and form into patties, a loaf or balls!
Fry them in some olive oil, or bake them.

*sometimes I add black beans and corn with some Frank's hot sauce, instead of mushrooms and nuts.

Best served on a bulkie whole wheat roll with veganaise and sprouts (for me), or american cheese, lettuce and mayo (for hubby).

No comments: