Thursday, May 15, 2008

Meanderings

I can't believe I'm blogging.... I don't have the time and I need to be doing other things! But they say journaling is good, and I have a hard time keeping things on a page if it isn't neat enough. Maybe this will help? We'll see... ( I love the dot dot dot thing by the way, and will probably do it often).

I consider my life to be on a path that can change without notice. Well more like having no path at all, and just going with the flow. And as I go about my wonderful life I do what most people do.......I stumble. I mess up, I say something I shouldn't, I do something I regret, and I act a fool sometimes, but there are days where I just want to stay under the covers and cry. I am upset about the current state of my relationship with my 6 year-old daughter. She called me 'stupid
mother' this morning. *gasp* But it was time to go, and she got out of the car without saying "Bye"! :( Now that's a first, and I am really sad about it.

She is my mirror, and she shows me what I do not wish to see... how I need to change. But I just go with the flow, right? So why is it that we struggle with little things like getting ready in the morning? Everything seems a chore from choosing what to eat, what to wear, brushing hair, and leaving the house without taking a fit? Is it the age? Is it payback for the way I acted at her age? I don't remember being 6, but I am pretty sure I didn't have the attitude she has been giving me! Maybe we should rethink about her taking the bus? We are just too paranoid about her being on a bus with older kids, and a driver we don't know.


Change, I guess is what is needed. I need to learn how to whistle Dixie like my husband, and greet the day with total thankfullness that I can live another day of earthly bliss. It would help if I could wake up early enough, so that I don't have that 'rushed' feeling. So tomorrow I think I will get up with my husband, and greet the day with a big smile. Let's see if my daughter follows suit, or if she still hates me.

No comments: