Monday, November 16, 2009

Going halfway ....

I am struggling to walk this road.... I have successfully cut out cheese, and even had pizza last night sans mozzarella! I made it the way I would normally, but without the cheese, and when it came out of the oven I drizzled some Olivado oil over it, and added some nutritional yeast. It was YUMMY :)
I even had chilli without my usual cheddar and sour cream. Bagels, and cream cheese I miss a bit, but I am happy to have a reason to not eat bagels because the carb factor isn't so good for my waistline. My roadblock is the little things like going out to breakfast. What the hell can I eat? Toast and jelly? I am not a big egg fan, but I love Belgian waffles! Are the homefries cooked in butter or oil? Animal fat? I can bake things without eggs at home, but what about at restaurants? It would be nice if The Garden Grille Cafe was down the road, but it is in Pawtucket!
So my solution is to not be so black and white - all or nothing. Cheese is out, and this alone is a big step, but for now I am going to allow myself the occasional restaurant Belgian waffle, or a teaspoon of cream in my coffee. It sucks, but I knew it wasn't going to be easy.... so here I go stumbling along this path. Maybe I need to become a vegan chef and open my own restaurant. Ha!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Don't beat yourself up Stacie! Just cutting out cheese is HUGE!! And you've done that succesfully! Kudos to you! Keep your chin up and do what you feel is right for YOU. :) xo

Stacie said...

That's really all I can do! Thanks :)

Kris said...

How have you been doing, Stacie?

Stacie said...

Other than my indulgence on Thanksgiving (sour cream and onion mashed potatoes and apple crisp) I'm doing good! So far I have avoided cheese. :) When I made eggplant parm for Dave, I just plain fried my eggplant .I still put some half and half in my coffee when I run out of my soy creamer, and I have stopped fretting over labels that say, "contains milk". I feel good!